Tuesday, December 29, 2009

practical knowledge

Who says knowledge from book is just theoretical knowledge? Today I was reading my course book, Financial Institutions and Markets by Saunders & Cornett. I was quite amused to find that each chapter was modelled in an unique way- first , the explanation of a topic(like investment banks, insurance companies, mutual funds etc), then the regulatory bodies which monitor them (like SEC, NAIC etc), then example of a firm or CEO, who screwed the system big time only to land in multi million dollar penalty or criminal charges. That is how exactly managers should be taught- this is what your work is, these are the regulators, and this is what you get if you don't follow them. I found this concept, really interesting and innovative. I bet the fraudsters in wall street skipped this course in college :P

No comments:

Post a Comment